Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Message Board for Attendee Interaction in Attendee Hub?

Posted 09-15-2021 09:05

Hello, I'm setting up a conference for an educational research organization in Cvent. We are using the Attendee Hub. I would like attendees to be able to post public messages for other attendees to view so that they can organize informal/impromptu meetups (for example, "Meet in Room 101 at 5:30 for a discussion of critical race theory in public schools"). I can't find anything about a feature like this Cvent - is there something that would allow attendees to communicate with all other attendees in this way? Thank you!

#EventApp-Building/managing
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents
    #ManagingVirtualEvents

------------------------------
    Elisabeth Spratto
    Northeastern Educational Research Association

• 2.  RE: Message Board for Attendee Interaction in Attendee Hub?

Posted 09-17-2021 09:21
    Hi Elisabeth,

Thank you for your question! I'll let other users jump in if they've achieved something similar for their own events, but I did want to let you know I checked into this with our product team and something similar is on the roadmap. The upcoming feature, text-based Discussions, will allow the event planner to create topics, then attendees can join the discussions and write messages to each other.

I understand you mentioned you are interested in the attendee being the ones to start the discussion - if you have any additional feedback or use-cases to share, please feel free to submit this as an idea here in the Community. 

Please let me know any questions!

Best,

Danni

Danni Czark
    Senior Associate, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Message Board for Attendee Interaction in Attendee Hub?

Posted 09-17-2021 19:16

Danni, thanks for your response! Since you said the text-based Discussion feature is "upcoming", I assume this means it's not implemented right now. My conference is a little less than a month from now...I don't suppose it will be in place by then?

Elisabeth Spratto
    Northeastern Educational Research Association

• 4.  RE: Message Board for Attendee Interaction in Attendee Hub?

Posted 09-21-2021 15:56

Hi Elisabeth,

You're welcome! I touched base with our product team, and they are aiming for a release soon, but can not confirm a timeline that may fit your event dates. Another exciting upcoming feature is speed networking, which is randomized 1:1 video chat. 

Here is some additional information to consider for your conference:

• Video Discussions available today – as the planner you can create topics and attendees can then join those discussions via video chat. This is an interactive virtual experience offering face-to-face networking, perfect for pre-event meetups, during the event, and even post-event meetups.
    • If registration is still open, you can collect topic suggestions for these discussions through Registration Questions, so you focus on what your attendees truly want to cover.

One note – these are focused more on the virtual experience. In your example you mention in-person meetups, so let me know if you'd like to brainstorm more.

@Leon Olsen - Thank you for your feedback here! Our product team is continuing to work diligently to improve Attendee Hub for all of your events, whether in-person, hybrid, or virtual. If you have specific feedback, please share it through Ideas here in the Community. This will give other users a chance to up-vote the idea if they agree and provides more visibility for our teams.

Best,

Danni

Danni Czark
    Senior Associate, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent

• 5.  RE: Message Board for Attendee Interaction in Attendee Hub?

Posted 09-19-2021 17:32
    Edited by Leon Olsen 09-19-2021 17:37
      |   view attached
    Hi Elisabeth

We have ditched CrowdCompass and the Attendee Hub for another 3rd party application that provides a brilliant mobile app and virtual platform that allows attendee discussion and interaction.  Our attendee interaction stats are through the roof for a meeting that was supposed to be in-person, but was flipped to virtual due to covid-19 restrictions.  We had around 600 attendees for the virtual meeting.  65 discussion topics were created which included 2021 messages on the community board.  4,516 private messages were shared.  100% download rate of the app with a 91% approval rating.  Easy access to the app, and the laptop/desktop version.  

We first used www.whova.com last year when covid-19 disrupted our in-person meetings.  We had been using CrowdCompass for a number of years, however we looked for the best option for a virtual event that would meet our requirements:

1. Ease of access for our attendees, especially with regard to logging in to the app, including desktop/laptop access
    2. Provide the best possible experience for our virtual users to interact, prior to, during and post the event

The Whova.com platform exceeded both these requirements.

The only shortcoming is the lack of integration with Cvent, so we have had to manually load attendees into the app (import/export via excel).  Attendees also have to re-choose their session preferences in Whova, as this is also not integrated.  I thought this would have been a big issue for the attendees, however the ease of use and the interaction aspects have overshadowed this shortcoming.

I am hoping the Attendee Hub improvements and the new Cvent app will improve the attendee experience, however Whova.com has been hitting it out of the park for us over the past 18 months.

Let me know if you need any further details about our experience with Whova.

Regards - Leon

Leon Olsen
    Director
    Conference Matters

Attachment(s)

pdf
    Whova_Community_Board.pdf   125 KB 1 version