Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Ticket Sales Team - Not PCI Compliant - Easy Way to Register

Posted 08-08-2019 12:30
    Hi There,

I'm looking to create a path for an internal telesales team to support in selling tickets for one of our events which is on classic mode. The issue is that they are not PCI Compliant so they are unable to take credit card information. But we do want the sales team to enter as much attendee information as possible into the registration to make it really easy for the attendee to just add the payment details themselves.

I had thought of two scenarios that could work, but neither are seamless or that easy.

Option 1: Upload sales list into an invitee list, so when a link is sent the attendee contact fields are pre-filled. The attendee will still need to fill out the identity confirmation page, click through the personal profile, and fill out the payment information.

Option 2: Upload sales list into an invitee list, on the phone the sales rep can confirm contact details while in registering the invitee, submit the registration without payment for pending approval, send a modify link + confirmation for the attendee to fill out their email and confirmation, click modify, scroll past personal profile and then fill out the payment information.

Any thoughts on how this process can be streamlined?

Best,
    Evan
    #Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Evan Ring
    Marketing Manager
    Dow Jones & Co., Inc

• 2.  RE: Ticket Sales Team - Not PCI Compliant - Easy Way to Register

Posted 08-08-2019 17:22
    Edited by Katie McIntyre 08-08-2019 17:39
    Hi Evan,

Off the top of my head, I think I'd use a slightly modified version of the second option you listed above.

• Have Telesales register attendees via the back end.
    • In the body of the confirmation email, include the link to the Modify Registration page, plus instructions for submitting payment.
    • On the Modify Registration page, include the "Submit Payment" button and hide all the other buttons with CSS. Clicking this button takes the registrant directly to payment if a balance is due, skipping all the other pages. Then hide all of the stuff on the Payment page you might not want to show them, such as the Cancel button.
    • When they submit, the Registration Modification email will go out, and it will thank them for submitting payment and include a receipt.

As far as the registrant knows, they just got taken to a "landing" page that shows their account, with a button for payment. I don't think I personally would use pending functionality, just because I find it difficult to report on (especially as regards payment), but I can definitely see the use case for it.

• 3.  RE: Ticket Sales Team - Not PCI Compliant - Easy Way to Register

Posted 08-08-2019 18:31
    Addendum: looks like the Modification confirmation is not triggered by submitting payment, but the automatic payment notification does go out. I suppose if you wanted a custom receipt you could batch those and send manually.

Katie McIntyre
    Manager, Technical Production
    Opus Agency

• 4.  RE: Ticket Sales Team - Not PCI Compliant - Easy Way to Register

Posted 08-09-2019 12:11
    Hi Katie,

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I'm curious though how do you go about adding a submit payment button on the modify registration page? To my understanding you aren't able to adjust that page very much except for what you can change in the language management section.

Best,
    Evan

Evan Ring
    Marketing Manager
    Dow Jones & Co., Inc

• 5.  RE: Ticket Sales Team - Not PCI Compliant - Easy Way to Register

Posted 08-09-2019 12:21
    It's one of the built-in options in Registration Settings > Confirmation. It will only appear on the confirmation page if a balance is owed, so you may not have bumped into it before. In settings, it looks like this:

Available options in the Confirmation page configuration

And on the Modify Registration page, it appears something like this (this one is styled - normally it looks like all the other buttons):

Buttons on the Modify Registration screen

If this is turned on, and all the other buttons are hidden, it should be super simple for attendees to know what to do. You could also leave the Print/Email this page option in case they want to save it as a simple receipt.

Katie McIntyre
    Manager, Technical Production
    Opus Agency