Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Registration receipts

Posted 06-25-2019 16:32
    Hello,

For the two most recent events for which I used Cvent, I've been receiving more requests from attendees for a receipt that shows the form of payment used (specifically the last 4-digits of the credit card) for their registration payment. Currently the confirmation page and confirmation email don't provide this information, although we did set up the confirmation email to show if there was a zero balance or balance due, and using the confirmation number and link provided in the email, they can access the confirmation page again and print it. But since that page doesn't have the last 4-digits, that's really not very helpful.

I vaguely remember asking about this with customer support several months ago but I can't find any record in my past cases. But my vague recollection is that showing the last 4-digits wasn't an option. I know that I can email the attendee a copy of the page that shows the orders and payments in the back-end of my event, but it seems reasonable to expect that the original email they receive once they've completed their registration would be able to provide detailed documentation of the payment method (last 4 digits). I've looked around and haven't found an option within the registration settings, registration pages, or the event emails. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    #Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Shelley Cohen
    Meeting Manager
    JHU WSE Energetics Research Group

• 2.  RE: Registration receipts

Posted 06-25-2019 17:18
    Hi Shelley-

I understand you and your participants frustration. We use the following datatag codes in the registration emails and we also create a downloadable invoice/statement with the information that the accounting departments need. The big thing to remember that the last four digits of the card is also the reference number on the transaction. 

You can maybe update the language from the website side, but I am not sure if you can update the terminology for the emails.

I hope that helps!

Lindsay Buchanan
    Manager, Meetings, Association Management, and Groups
    Travelink

• 3.  RE: Registration receipts

Posted 06-25-2019 17:36
    Hi Lindsey,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question. I do understand that the reference number is actually the last 4-digits of the registrant's credit card, which is why my solution has been to provide them with an email of the orders and payments page which shows that information as well as the payment record and zero balance. But your message referenced that you "use the following datatag codes in the registration emails", but I didn't see the codes. I did check the two attachments but both appear to be screen shots from the back-end of the site, which is where I get the page that I'm currently emailing to attendees who request the receipt.

As for creating an invoice, I had difficulty setting one up and I guess that's something I should try to do again for the next event. Meanwhile, if you can provide more detail re: the datatags, that'd be really helpful. Thanks.

Shelley Cohen
    Meeting Manager

• 4.  RE: Registration receipts

Posted 06-25-2019 17:46
    Sorry about that. Here are the two codes we use and usually they do work for the participants.

{[C-ORDERS PAYMENTS]}

Table displaying details of the registrant's orders and payments, including each order's date and type as well as the amount ordered, paid, and due. Also displays each payment's date, type, reference #, and amount

{[C-PAYMENTS]}
    Table displaying registrant's payment details, including the date paid, payment type, reference number, and amount paid

Lindsay Buchanan
    Manager, Meetings, Association Management, and Groups
    Travelink

• 5.  RE: Registration receipts

Posted 06-25-2019 17:53
    Awesome, Lindsey! Thank you. I'll give these a try.

Shelley Cohen
    Meeting Manager

• 6.  RE: Registration receipts

Posted 06-26-2019 08:42
    Hi Shelley,

Lindsey's suggestions are what we use also.  I wanted to also add that we use the invoicing feature and include a link in the confirmation email directly to downloading their invoice (using {[E-INVOICE URL]}).  On that invoice, I have included datatags
    {[C-GROUP ORDER DETAILS]} and {[C-ORDERS PAYMENTS]} that will populate all of the items ordered and payments made in a registration. This seems to be working on registrations that have been modified to add more items with additional payments as well.

Heather Darrow
    Conference Coordinator
    Cornell University - Department Of Animal Science

• 7.  RE: Registration receipts

Posted 06-27-2019 07:23
    Thanks Heather!  I'll have to try again to set up an invoice and hopefully will have less difficulty than when I tried previously.

Shelley Cohen
    Meeting Manager

• 8.  RE: Registration receipts

Posted 05-19-2021 14:16
    For some reason, the data tag {[C-PAYMENT METHOD]} was not working in my registrant invoice (receipt) template. I switched to the {[C-ORDERS PAYMENTS]} per the suggestion, and it now shows the payment method and order summary correctly. When you are creating the invoice template, just remember to make adequate space on the page for the table produced by {[C-ORDERS PAYMENTS]}.

Jeremy Ewing
    IT Consultant
    The CHNC