Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  New Report to to run for Retention Analysis?

Posted 11-02-2020 12:13
    We hold annual summer conferences and I have been asked to provide some data that will be used in a retention analysis report. Our team is also interested in looking into combining this information with our promotions/discounts to see what if any discounts (such as early bird or flash sales) have on returning vs. new guests.

Does anyone have any recommendations of which report would give the best information for these purposes? I want to look at all events from 2017-present.

Thanks so much for your insight!
    #ReportingandInsights

------------------------------
    Heather Grimes
    Registration Coordinator
    Franciscan University Of Steubenville

• 2.  RE: New Report to to run for Retention Analysis?

Posted 11-03-2020 13:05
    I'm curious what the best options are for this as well. In the past I've always used a cross event custom report and added just the events I'd like to analyze and then export to excel and do COUNTIF formulas and pivots to see who appeared on more than one event. It's time consuming. Any other ideas?

Evan Ring
    Senior Operations Manager
    Dow Jones & Co., Inc

• 3.  RE: New Report to to run for Retention Analysis?

Posted 11-04-2020 22:37
    Yes, I was trying to avoid the necessity of pivot table route because of the time involved. Seems like it should be a standard or common report!

Heather Grimes
    Registration Coordinator

• 4.  RE: New Report to to run for Retention Analysis?

Posted 11-04-2020 10:20
    Edited by Robin Schoenfeld 11-04-2020 10:20
    Hi Heather, 

My recommendation is to run the Cross Event Report called "Invitees and Registrants" as this will give you several options for fields to pull into the report including "Discounts Applied". From there, I recommend adding layers of grouping (Full Name/Event Title) and only including the date range from 2017-present so you are seeing the data for that date range. 

Best,

Robin Schoenfeld
    Senior Client Success Advisor

• 5.  RE: New Report to to run for Retention Analysis?

Posted 11-04-2020 22:41
    Hi Robin,

That's the route I was going and will continue down unless someone has a more streamlined suggestion but it's proving to be extremely time consuming with 10 events over 3 years, sometimes with individuals attending more than one each year. But thanks for the suggestion!

Heather Grimes
    Registration Coordinator