Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Sub-Questions: Why can we no longer nest text fields (or anything other than a "Question"?

Posted 12-17-2021 15:40
    I just started re-building an old event of mine in Flex and there are a couple of nested sub-questions that I can't replicate and have to re-think because I can no longer include text fields with the sub-question. This is necessary to explain and separate some of these questions, as they are complicated and/or need to be organized. It's a bummer that I'm now limited to only nesting five of the "question" types and no other information.

As an example, one of the ways we used to use sub questions was to ask if participants were joining in-person or calling in. If they were joining in person, we asked a whole bunch of questions that are always required of our in-person folks (e.g., emergency contact, dietary restrictions, ADA-related needs). Without the ability to break these apart and add the typical descriptive text we use, it just looks awful and crowded and really limits this function in Flex.

(It would also be great if Custom Contact Fields could be nested as sub questions, as I've since started using this for things like emergency contact and dietary restrictions so that people don't have to re-enter this information every time they register for an event (and we have it stored on their profile, in case it's ever needed elsewhere), but I'm less frustrated about that because at least worked the same way in the pre-Flex system.)
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Jessica johnson
    Web Site Editor
    American Property Casualty Insurance Association, including its wholly-owned subsidiary, ("APCIA")

• 2.  RE: Sub-Questions: Why can we no longer nest text fields (or anything other than a "Question"?

Posted 12-17-2021 17:52
    Could you have a question,

Are you?
     O joining in-person
     O calling in

Subquestion if joining in-person
       additional question 1
       additional question 2
       additional question 3

a kludge workaround that was suggested that I use is to use a subquestion (text) to to help explain the question.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: Sub-Questions: Why can we no longer nest text fields (or anything other than a "Question"?

Posted 12-20-2021 13:24
    I can do that, but any copy I need to add to explain the questions will have similar formatting to the question and will not stand out the way I would like it to. It's just not ideal.

Jessica johnson
    Web Site Editor
    American Property Casualty Insurance Association, including its wholly-owned subsidiary, ("APCIA")