Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  HTML Emails in Flex

Posted 03-24-2022 03:32
    Hello! - I wanted to see if anyone had found a solution to the issue that we're seeing. Previously, we used CVENT Classic where we were able to design an HTML email template and just drop the HTML into the email designer, and make quick swaps without re-writing the whole HTML code. (Such as swap out logos and photos within the email). 

But we were able to keep the overall structure of the previously dropped HTML coding and design of the email without having to re-write everything.

In Flex, it looks like we can change the whole email to be specifically HTML only, but we would need to re-write all the HTML coding for each email.

I wanted to see if anyone has been able to do a quick fix while CVENT creates this functionality within Flex, which won't be available to utilize till much later in the year. What are some tricks y'all have used in CVENT Flex to achieve the same effect and same functionality as Classic. Have you used another program outside of CVENT to achieve this and drop the updated HTML code each time?

Thank you!

Jenn
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Jenn Chu
    Sr. Event Coordinator, Registration
    The Linux Foundation

• 2.  RE: HTML Emails in Flex

Posted 03-24-2022 09:10
    @Jenn Chu Not sure if this is will solve your issue about using your own HTML for emails. But down at the very bottom of the build section in the email site designer, there is "Switch to Custom HTML code". You can drop all your code in there.

James Rose | Senior Web Developer and Content Management
    Digital Infrastructure
    Office of University Development | University of Michigan

• 3.  RE: HTML Emails in Flex

Posted 03-24-2022 11:19
    Hi James,

Appreciate the response. I don't believe switching to the HTML code mode will work for us because we would have to re-write the whole code for each template instead of being able to replicate it from one event form to another. I believe in Classic, we could just drag and drop snippets and change out pictures pretty quickly, where as in Flex, we would have to look for the specific section and make sure all the coding is correct before being able to see the final email.

Have you used the Custom HTML code mode often? Do y'all use another program to maybe translate everything into HTML before dropping it all in the email design builder again?

Thank you!

Jenn

Jenn Chu
    Sr. Event Coordinator, Registration
    The Linux Foundation

• 4.  RE: HTML Emails in Flex

Posted 03-29-2022 14:16
    I agree it's more difficult in Flex. Several times, I've created an email in MailChimp and copied the HTML from there to drop into Flex's Custom HTML Code. If your email contains images, you have to get the path to the image from Cvent to input into your email in MailChimp. Once you switch to HTML Code in Cvent, you do have to make any modifications in that code going forward.

Jill Rasco
    VP, Communications
    SITE Texas Chapter