Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Calculating a due date

Posted 04-08-2020 17:15
    I submitted this on the Ideas forum, but I was also wondering if anyone here has come up with a way to display, in a workflow notification email, a date that is calculated. For instance, "{[E-END DATE]}+45 days." Our meetings have to be closed out for the Accounting department within 45 days after the end date.

I'm setting up a workflow notification reminder for the meeting planners. I know that I can have the email calculate how many days after the meeting I want it to send, but I would love for the body of the message to say, "Please remember to close out your meeting by [this date]."

I know about custom data tags, but I don't think that will work here. In our events, we always enter things like the registration deadline as a custom data tag within the event itself so that we don't have to change it on multiple emails each time someone new is added to the invite list after the due date. However, since this is in Workflow, and we do far too many events for the custom data tag feature to be plausible, we are hoping for an automated solution.

Any help appreciated!
    #ExecutingStrategicMeetingsManagement

------------------------------
    Lauren Becker
    Travel, Meetings & Incentives Web Content Coordinator
    Aflac

• 2.  RE: Calculating a due date

Posted 04-18-2020 16:51
    Hi Lauren,
    Could you do a work-around by adding a new date data tag that you manually add 45 days to for each event; then you could still use the data tag code in the email, and it would pull in from the event details?

Lori Wildman
    Senior Marketing Manager
    DuCharme McMilllen & Associates