Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  New Cvent User - HELP!

Posted 02-12-2020 17:07
    ​Hi!  I'm a new Cvent user and preparing to create my first Flex event(s).  I've spent several hours in the Knowledge Base, watched webinars, and read the open forum, but I have two questions.

1)  During the registration process, is there a way to capture a digital signature from an attendee versus typing a disclaimer and having an "I agree" button? 

2) What is the best way to have one Cvent general event description page with the option to choose 12 different events/registrations to choose from?  Would you use registration paths or sessions?  Each event is uniquely different and falls on different dates throughout the year.

Thank you for the help!
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Julie Marchbanks
    Public Strategies, Inc

• 2.  RE: New Cvent User - HELP!

Posted 02-12-2020 20:31
    1. Nothing that I know of.
    2. I'd create multiple events since they are entirely different.

Will some people be registering for different sessions on different dates? I wouldn't want them to have to go back and modify their registration.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: New Cvent User - HELP!

Posted 02-13-2020 03:31
    1. Signature acceptance is not available until the ON-ARRIVAL feature when they check in.  You can ask the question and you can collect a signature.  But do know, it doesn't really allow them to say "no", they have to agree or it won't proceed to printing their name badge.

2. I would create 12 different events.  If you have one long standing event, your data base could get too large; and its hard to manage when they go in and modify (if you are allowing them to modify).    
    One question to ask is can one one person register for multiple events? - then these would be sessions.
    Does each event have sessions that they need to select? - then you would want to use registration paths.
    There is more to this than a quick answer.  

Happy to help, feel free to reach out to me prc@hawaiibiz.rr.com (Lee-Ann)

Lee-Ann Choy
    Owner
    Pacific Rim Concepts LLC