To me, the critical components of surveys is the data collection so that it can be used for post-event analysis, so the reporting features in Cvent have been useful in making sure the data can be compiled and shared. My advice is to keep questions simple and concise, and develop a plan for survey communications to remind attendees. One thing we always did was immediately launch a survey icon in CrowdCompass with a link to the general survey on the morning of the last day, and made sure attendees were notified of this during the last day's sessions.
National Field Trainer
Cajun Operating Company d/b/a Church's Chicken
Sent: 12-22-2021 10:12
From: Ridhima Krishan
Subject: When to use a Premium survey and a Basic survey?
Welcome back to the next edition of Tip of the Week!
This week our focus will be on one of the most important steps of the post-event stage 'Feedback Surveys'. It helps you understand your audiences' expectations, experience, and a lot more. The post-event feedback, therefore, plays an important role in making your event successful. If you have both the Event Management and Survey products, you'll have two options when creating your feedback surveys in Flex events: Basic and Premium. So, we thought of sharing a checklist to keep handy while creating both types of survey products. Keep reading to learn more!
- Basic Survey or a General Event Feedback survey (for those with only Event Management), allows you to:
- Create one, single-page survey for all of your sessions.
- Create one, single-page survey for your event.
- Add sub-questions.
- Use the event's website and registration theme.
- Send emails pertaining to the feedback surveys.
- Display in your reports.
- Premium Survey allows you to do everything a Basic survey does, along with several other additions. You'll be able to:
- Create several multi-page surveys for your session.
- Create several multi-page surveys for your event.
- Collect speaker feedback.
- Add question visibility logic.
- Use additional question types, such as image, file upload, matrix, matrix rating, net promoter, and rank order questions.
- Create multiple Thank You pages.
- Send email alerts.
- Create a Feedback Survey Weblink.
- Use the "Session and Speaker Feedback" report.
- Worry not, if you have started creating a Basic survey already, but need the Premium survey features. You can simply refer to this article to convert your survey without losing any information.
- When attendees are unable to take your survey, try this:
- Unarchive your event
- Ensure the person either registered or participated
- Allow feedback before the event is over
- You can refer to this article for a step-by-step guide to ensure the survey is available to your audience.
Questions for You:
- Which feature of Surveys – Basic survey or Premium Survey, would you like to highlight? What are some of the results of using this product?
- For someone who has never used Surveys, what tips would you like to share with your peers?
Like always, let us know your suggestions, ideas, and questions below! #CventTip
Sr. Associate, Customer Marketing