Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Group Registration - attendees not able to make hotel reservations

Posted 07-05-2019 10:44
    I am using the classic event system.  I am also using the Two way Passkey Integration for  Hotel Accommodations. 

I have group registrations turned on.  When a group registers, they can only make a hotel reservaton for the 1st person registered, and are not able to make a hotel reservation for the 2nd, 3rd or 4th person to that has registered for the event.  

Additonally I have a 3rd party organization that can see the 1st registrant in the registration system, but cannot see the rest of the group.

Any thoughts on how to correct this issue?

Thanks

#Miscellaneous

------------------------------
    Brett Thibodeau
    Association of Small Business Development Centers

• 2.  RE: Group Registration - attendees not able to make hotel reservations

Posted 07-18-2019 14:54
    Hi Brett,

The Group Leader has access to all of the Group Member Confirmation pages in Cvent, where the Passkey "Book Hotel" button exists. They can access their Registration Pages, and then navigate between the Group Members to view their Confirmation page and click the button specifically for them. This will allow them to access Passkey acting as Group Member #2, #3, etc.

Best,
    Danni ​​

Danni Czark
    Senior Client Success Advisor
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Group Registration - attendees not able to make hotel reservations

Posted 07-18-2019 19:53
    Good evening.. 

Thank you for the response and the explanation.

This is would be a good process  if the group leader shares this information, or if the personnel in the group are in the same office. In my experience, it is typically the  admin secretary who creates the registration for a group.  

The confirmation emails that each member receives is a templated email from CVENT using the data tags that CVENT provides.. It tells all recipients of the group they can modify their registration.  No where does it say it has they need to log in as the group leader, and they should not have to do so to gain access to their

At this point it would be easier for me to set up an event without allowing group registrations so everyone can access their own reservation and make hotel reservations. 

V/r
    Brett

Brett Thibodeau
    Program Manager & Registrar
    703.764.9855 | AmericasSBDC.org | Let's Connect!

Conference registration is now open - click the picture below!