Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Importing Session Location Error Message

Posted 07-20-2019 06:21
    Is anyone else having problems importing session locations to Sessions that have already been setup?  I downloaded the session file first that contains all my sessions and headers, I added the session locations and then tried to import it back into cvent.  I get an error message that says at least one column header is missing.  ??????
    #Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Tammy Jones
    Executive Director
    Eclipse Users Group

• 2.  RE: Importing Session Location Error Message

Posted 07-20-2019 09:47
    Tammy,
    When I export the sessions I generally highlight what rows I need to editing.
    If I forget to remove the highlighting, I get that error message when importing.
    I also have more luck importing as a txt file.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: Importing Session Location Error Message

Posted 07-22-2019 08:19
    Ah, we get this error all the time importing contact lists. Double check that you have a header at the top of all of your columns with data, delete a few extra columns to the right of your data, just to make sure you didn't randomly end up with a space in one of the cells that is throwing it off. Then, our magic trick has been to click on the eraser icon in excel and do clear all formats.

Kelly Ohlert
    Supervisor Operations, Groups
    Stryker

• 4.  RE: Importing Session Location Error Message

Posted 07-22-2019 08:26
    Thanks everyone....I finally got it to work (with everyone’s help!) :)

• 5.  RE: Importing Session Location Error Message

Posted 07-22-2019 08:41
    Yay! Glad the session import issue is solved! One thing that happened to me: my organization had a custom account field that ALSO was titled "location." So I had our Cvent Admin rename the custom field (we had a few duplicates, actually) to <custom field name> - custom, adding the dash and custom to the field name. This duplicate field issue was also messing up some reports, and it fixed it.

I can't wait until we can follow people on #Community because there are a few people (@Kelly Ohlert, @Steve Schlossman, and more) who have the best practices to overcome challenges like these!

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States