Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Task Lists

Posted 04-13-2020 16:52
    Happy Monday Everyone,
    Who uses the task list?  Do you run reports so you can see what's on your "to do"list?
    Do you use it for project management?
    As our events are paused this is a good time to look at all our processes.
    Thank you!
    Maribeth
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Maribeth Bluyus
    Edelman Financial Engines

• 2.  RE: Task Lists

Posted 04-20-2020 10:06
    We haven't started yet, but I'm considering adding it to our events as a check list to standardize our processes a bit. I don't know that we'll run any reports on it as we're a small team, but my goal is to make sure we're all completing last steps (surveys especially) before we officially close out a meeting. We'll likely be using it to check ourselves first but may eventually start running reports to be sure newer team members are following all the right steps too.

Stacy Wright
    Event Manager, Commercial Excellence
    Galderma Laboratories, L.P..

• 3.  RE: Task Lists

Posted 04-21-2020 11:01
    Thanks, Stacy.
    We run many similar events. At any given time I might have 20 events that I am running all in various stages.  Stages and tasks are the same but the time line is different.  Right now I have a google sheet and I can see everything i need to do that week - from RFP from one event to sending a final checklist for another event, to signing a BEO.  Hoping we can run a report to see a "dashboard" for each event planner. will make it easier for my supervisor to see where everybody is too.  IN case someone is sick or on vacation.

Maribeth Bluyus
    Edelman Financial Engines

• 4.  RE: Task Lists

Posted 04-21-2020 10:51
    Hi @Maribeth Bluyus - I use a task list template for all events I build for a specific client. I don't run reports on the task list itself, but it's easy to see where you are at on the task list when viewing it. It will tell you if a task is completed or not, or what percentage is complete.

Thank you!​​

Ashley Breuer
    Meeting Technology Manager
    Travel and Transport, Inc

• 5.  RE: Task Lists

Posted 04-27-2020 13:19

Hi Maribeth,

I don't use the task list to it's full potential, but hoping to change that!  I typically use it for project management since I'm using several different websites at once.  It's just a nice way to make sure you're getting all of the things checked off your to-do list and another way to triple check you are not forgetting anything!  I typically don't run any reports.

Hope this helps!

Kayla

Kayla Sisco
    Convention Coordinator
    Impact XM