Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  On arrival struggles

Posted 03-06-2020 08:45
    Happy Friday, Everyone,
    We have On Arrival Premium along with twelve event kits. We ship them all over the US for events that last approximately 2 hours each and then our team is on to the next event. In the month we have been using On arrival, we've had about 10 events and the set-up  (router, printer, ipad combo with either venue hardline or modem) has worked about 50% of the time.  This week it worked perfectly on Tuesday and then not at all on Wednesday night.  The routers seems real "glitch- y" . For example, if you look at the ipad you are connected but then the printer won't appear. if you forget the network and log back in you are good to go.  But all this takes time to troubleshoot.  This is just one example of a challenge we have had.

Our traveling team is feeling very frustrated and negative right now about the on arrival process. I've been telling them it will get better but then it doesn't. 

Has this been anyone else's experience?  I'd love to hear any and all advice.

Thanks!
    #ManagingOn-site

------------------------------
    Maribeth Bluyus
    Edelman Financial Engines

• 2.  RE: On arrival struggles

Posted 03-06-2020 14:15
    So it's the exact same setup in each location? Same iPads, printers and router?
    Only difference is how you connect to the internet.

The only thing I can think of are conflicting ip addresses on some devices.
    This may be a dumb question, have you reset the router?

Several years ago we couldn't print to our network printer until it was discovered that my Nexus tablet had the same ip address as the printer.
    Took a long time to figure that one out. :)

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: On arrival struggles

Posted 03-06-2020 14:31
    Steve,
    Yes, same exact set-up.  Just different internet and different location.  The team and kit can change between events as well.
    Meaning team A might have kit 1 this week, but kit 5 next week.  But the same equipment stays in the kit.

Reset the router?  I'm not even sure I know what that means?  We've had issues with the TP Link routers.  We started to rename them but then our passwords stopped working so we kept the ones they came with.  The 12 kits are kept in a warehouse in another state and shipped to our events,  so accessing them is another challenge to do any re-setting, etc.  Our onsite teams are real strong in the technology which further challenges us.

Maribeth

Maribeth Bluyus

• 4.  RE: On arrival struggles

Posted 03-06-2020 15:38
    Reset is sometimes just a pressing a button or you do it through their web interface. It doesn't sound like you have a lot of time to setup and troubleshoot. It can't be all systems acting up at once? Can it?

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 5.  RE: On arrival struggles

Posted 03-09-2020 08:22
    Steve
    I don't know but seems like something goes wrong 50% of the time :(

Maribeth Bluyus