I just started using the speaker resource center this past January and it's great. It has helped streamline the communication and information for staff and speakers. I use the tasks and the webpages to include details. It helpful that the information is centralized and staff as well as speakers don't need to look for that last email for the information, they can find in the SRC. I have submitted requests for improvements or work arounds that would make this more useful. The Profile does not include line to include phone # or emergency contact which would be super helpful, now we have to wait for speakers to actually register so we can gather that information. The web design does allow for one page for a question/ consent which we use for the speaker agreement, again would be more useful if we could have more than one web page for question/ consent so we could program more of the paperwork, like permissions, disclosures, etc.
I like that speakers can upload profile info, headshot, bio and staff can view and approve then it's live on the site, again this eliminated the need for speakers to email to the staff, staff then to save and upload to Cvent.
If anyone would like screen shots or has questions about how I set it up or using it let me know. I would love to pick the brain of anyone else who is using this.
Shawna Wilker, CMP
Senior Program Manager, Events
MJH Life Sciences
Sent: 05-04-2022 11:38
From: Ridhima Krishan
Subject: Simplify event content with Cvent's Speaker Resource Center
Hi everyone, let's kickstart our Tip of the Week
Content remains one of the top drivers of attendance at events but coordinating speakers and sessions can be challenging. To help you streamline communications with your speakers and collaborate with them on logistics and content, we have Cvent's Speaker Resource Center at your rescue. This software works with our Event Management
solution to ensure you get the best possible results. So, let's discuss some tips for setting up the Speaker Resource Center!Starting off with some advantages first:
- Cvent's Speaker Resource Center (SRC), available for events, creates a central website that contains documents, tasks, and general event information for you and your event speakers to access.
- With SRC, you'll be able to assign these speakers tasks, request they upload bios and other files necessary for introductions, and collect any necessary feedback.
- Your speakers will be able to use the website to complete and track tasks, edit their profiles and the sessions they'll be speaking at, and upload the necessary files.
- Instead of communicating and collecting information through several different forms, you'll be able to manage everything right from within your event, including sending emails and running reports.
Time to help you set up the Speaker Resource Center:
- Setting Up Your Speaker Resource Center Site:
- The Speaker Resource Center will allow your speakers to see their Tasks, Sessions, profile, and more.
- Understand each page of the Speaker Resource Center:
- Your Speaker Resource Center is made up of multiple pages that allow your speakers to achieve different tasks. They are: Home Page, My Tasks, My Sessions, My Profile, and Speaker Questionnaire.
- At any point, you can add additional pages to provide more information to your speakers, such as a hotel information page or a commonly asked questions page.
- Access the Speaker Resource Center's Site Designer:
- Now that you understand each page of the Speaker Resource Center, begin by selecting your event. From the left-hand navigation, click Speakers, then Site Designer.
- Here you can explore a plethora of site designing options available to you. You can customize the theme, background and text colors, text styles, add content widgets and add a header or footer to your page.
- Display invitee session data to the speakers, if necessary:
- You can allow your speakers to view their invitee session data from the Speaker Resource Center.
- You'll have the option to display a link to the Session Attendance report on the Speaker Resource Center, as well as links to the Session Feedback Summary report if you have session feedback surveys created.
- Determine when your speakers will be able to view the reports and enter in the message your speakers will see before the reports are available.
Questions for you:
- Which feature of Cvent's Speaker Resource Center has proved to be beneficial for your events?
- How do you communicate with speakers using Cvent's Speaker Resource Center?
Cvent's Customer Success Series continues! Learn how to make the most of your Cvent products and deliver any event, of any shape and size.
We would love to know your thoughts below! #CventTip
Sr. Associate, Customer Marketing