Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  weblinks

Posted 06-23-2019 12:15
    I am in test mode and when I click my registration button I want it to take my invitees to the event website (which has not yet been launched).  Will the "event summary" weblink take my registrants to the entire event website.  And is this the link that I want to share on my organiztions website?
    Thank you
    #Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents
    #PromotingYourEvent

------------------------------
    Cindy Sabella
    Reviewer
    Greater New York Academy of Prosthodontics

• 2.  RE: weblinks

Posted 06-23-2019 12:54
    Cindy,
    Weblinks are not available in test mode.

Accessing Your Event Weblinks

NOTE: These links will not work until your event is launched.

The event summary page is a single static page.
    If you have a drop down menu, there are links to other pages, fees, contacts, attendees, agenda.
    But not until live.

Steven Schlossman
    Chapter Services
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: weblinks

Posted 06-24-2019 12:06
    Hi Cindy-

When you say "registration button," are you referring to the one at the top and/or botton of the event summary page or are you talking about a "widget" button that will link to your Cvent website?

If you are referring to an email, I use the datatags that allow you to link to specific pages. These do become available for testing when you are accessing a "test" link from your site. Steven is correct that the actual link that you find in the "weblinks" area will not be accessable until the website is "active".

Happy to help if you need anything further!

Lindsay Buchanan
    Manager, Meetings, Association Management, and Groups
    Travelink

• 4.  RE: weblinks

Posted 06-24-2019 13:07
    Lindsay, explain that to me. Specific pages are visible in test? You don't need to be an admin?

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 5.  RE: weblinks

Posted 06-24-2019 14:58
    Hi Steven-

As a third party planner, I had quite a few clients that were frustrated when I sent test links that contained the actual weblinks. We played with the datatags a little bit and was able to create a datatag that would go to a specific event summary page when they were accessing the test email and test links. It took a lot of back and forth with Customer Care, but we figured out a way.

Here is a little more about the scenerio that we dealt with:
    • We needed two event summary pages--one for domestic registrants and one for international
    • They wanted to "link" to both in the invite email
    • By using the direct weblinks, they were not able to test whether the process worked
    • By using the page URL datatag, you can link to the "standard" or "custom" pages and the links were able to be tested

Hope that helps answer your question. If not, I'm sorry if I misunderstood the original question/request. :-)

Lindsay Buchanan
    Manager, Meetings, Association Management, and Groups
    Travelink