Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Optional Items Workaround

Posted 05-01-2020 13:28
    Hi, everyone - 

We are mailing t-shirts to registered attendees and I've had numerous questions about the ability to purchase additional t-shirts. Do you have any ideas of how I could do a workaround for this? We use flex and 'donations' are the only available option for Optional Items right now. I have set similar things (ex. branding opps for sponsors) as sessions and charged a fee, but with t-shirts I will need to collect the quantity, size and mailing address. Any ideas would be appreciated! 

Thanks!
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Chelsey Swanson
    Events Coordinator
    ImageTrend

• 2.  RE: Optional Items Workaround

Posted 05-04-2020 12:11
    Hi Chelsey,

I hope you are well! I have seen customers continue to use Sessions to act as the Optional Item as a work-around, and then utilize Session Questions to collect the additional information. This does depend on how exactly you set up the fee on the Session, i.e. if you need to charge for each T-shirt, you can either set up multiple versions of the Sessions (1 shirt, 2 shirts, 3 shirts, etc.) or you can use the Session Question to collect the total amount requested, and manually update the order amount on the back-end. 

You can plan to use Session Questions for more general information such as size and mailing address. This can then be reviewed in each invitee record or in reporting for a bulk view.

Please let me know if you have any questions or thoughts on the above! @ Cvent Users - if you have any additional suggestions for Chelsey feel free to jump in.

Best,

Danni​

Danni Czark
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Optional Items Workaround

Posted 05-05-2020 09:09
    Thanks, Danni! Is there a way to add questions to the session and have them appear right below the session when selected vs. underneath the entire session widget?

Chelsey

Chelsey Swanson
    Marketing Communications
    ImageTrend

• 4.  RE: Optional Items Workaround

Posted 05-05-2020 09:21
    I've been using a session item and session questions for years.
    My first size selection is, No Thanks!, as not everyone wants a shirt. Only drawback is you are limited to quantity 1.
    The only other option is an optional item for each size. Not ideal since it makes the form long.

I've only seen questions below the session items. It would be nice to be immediately below the session item.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 5.  RE: Optional Items Workaround

Posted 05-05-2020 09:36
    Thanks, Steven! This is the first time I've used session questions, so this will helpful for a work-around.

Chelsey Swanson
    Marketing Communications
    ImageTrend

• 6.  RE: Optional Items Workaround

Posted 05-05-2020 09:25
    Hi Chelsey,

We at times do something similar to Dainelle's suggestion, but we make those sessions into a sessions group. The session group might be called, "How many t-shirts do you need", the sessions might be called 1 t-shirt, 2 t-shirts, 3 t-shirts, or 4 t-shirts and then ask the session question about sizes. 

The other option is ask a choice question and ask a sub question about sizes. (sub question's logic can be set to all answers)

Maybe this week optional items will be released. 

Hope that helps

James Rose | Senior Web Developer and Content Management
    Digital Infrastructure, Implementation, Strategy, and Support
    Office of University Development | University of Michigan

• 7.  RE: Optional Items Workaround

Posted 05-05-2020 09:37
    Thanks, James! I use sub-questions on the standard registration form, but I haven't used the session questions before. I like the idea of making a session group for it. 

Thanks!

Chelsey Swanson
    Marketing Communications
    ImageTrend