Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Boost your sales and increase product awareness with Deminars

Posted 01-31-2022 11:02
    Edited by Ridhima Krishan 01-31-2022 11:02
    Hello everyone, hope you all are doing great! Let's jump on to this week's Huddle of the Week discussion to talk about Deminars.

For all those wondering, what is a Deminar – it is a customer demonstration and seminar combined. Virtual event planners will be hearing this word a lot more in the future, as in-person product launches are swapped for digital demos and time-consuming face-to-face sales calls are replaced with punchy webinars and digital discussions. While a webinar format has proven essential in creating awareness virtually, the product deminar offers a dual opportunity to spread the word on industry topics as well as boosts product sales. Today, various sales and marketing experts find this a great lead generation tool to drive the prospect to customer conversions!

With this thought in mind, we would love to know your thoughts on –
    • How do you integrate your product demo with the industry/ expert topic? How much time would you suggest allotting both parts of the session?
    • What are some best practices to create engaging product demo content for a deminar?

It's always wonderful to empower each other with knowledge. So, drop in some of your insights for all of us here in the community! #HuddleoftheWeek #VoiceIt
    ​​
    #ManagingVirtualEvents

------------------------------
    Ridhima Krishan
    Sr. Associate, Customer Marketing
    Cvent

• 2.  RE: Boost your sales and increase product awareness with Deminars

Posted 02-01-2022 11:56

Our product demo has levels depending on the audience. Some are high-level overviews, some are data-specific sessions, some are for administrators and overseers, and some are deep dives that get into the nitty gritty of what our services can do - overviews are broken up into 3-4 sessions within a series, data and administrator sessions are more in-depth chunks that are offered for 60-90 minutes on a rotating basis, and deep dives are often weekly drop ins... come to one, come to them all, etc.

I think for engagement, we need to be flexible on what is offered, how often it is offered, what audience needs we're targeting, and the time constraints of our attendees - we often have people register for one course, series, or session, and they have to send someone in their place or they need a recorded copy to go over with their staff later (we deal with education). We have to be offering what our members need instead of what we assume they need - gotta listen!

Amanda Adams
    Professional Learning Coordinator
    Cognia, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Boost your sales and increase product awareness with Deminars

Posted 02-01-2022 15:42
    I am super excited to learn more about Deminars! Can't wait to read about what everyone is doing and what best practices there are from product demo's!

Colleen Beck
    Director of Sales & Marketing
    The Westin Tampa Bay

• 4.  RE: Boost your sales and increase product awareness with Deminars

Posted 02-02-2022 10:26
    We don't currently do deminars, but this is such a great idea, and I'm excited to read about all the ideas. I have friends that are in industries that could benefit, and excited to share the ideas with them! ​

Beth Vriesen
    Events Technology Administrator
    Associated Bank Corporation

• 5.  RE: Boost your sales and increase product awareness with Deminars

Posted 02-07-2022 09:17
    We are just dipping our toes into "deminars", which we have been calling "infomercials". I am changing our name! :) Since this is a relatively new foray for us, I would love to see examples of how marketers are segmenting an audience, where on the funnel they are pulling the trigger on inviting someone to a deminar, best practices, etc. I'm really excited to see this drive some revenue!

Lori Wildman
    Senior marketing manager
    DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc.

• 6.  RE: Boost your sales and increase product awareness with Deminars

Posted 02-10-2022 08:52
    • How do you integrate your product demo with the industry/ expert topic? How much time would you suggest allotting both parts of the session?
    • Time required depends on the complexity of the product, but we typically try to balance expert topic content with practical applications shown in the demo
    • What are some best practices to create engaging product demo content for a deminar?
    • Find a way to drive audience engagement - polls are usually a good way to do that; also, if there is any way to give attendees the opportunity to be hands-on (for example, an app that they can download), that always helps!

Bouran Qaddumi
    Sr Manager, Training
    Cajun Operating Company d/b/a Church's Chicken

• 7.  RE: Boost your sales and increase product awareness with Deminars

Posted 02-16-2022 09:18
    I have not hosted a "Deminar" but have been a participant in many.  Some have been good and some have been not so great.  What would be awesome is if the participants were able to access a demo site ahead of time to see the product in action.  That would allow them to ask specific questions during the demo.

Amy Zientek
    Director Of Sales
    Visit Lubbock The Convention and Visitors Bureau

• 8.  RE: Boost your sales and increase product awareness with Deminars

Posted 02-22-2022 10:03
    • How do you integrate your product demo with the industry/ expert topic? How much time would you suggest allotting both parts of the session? Demo is usually the most important and interesting part. I try to tee it up with a few slides on background etc (10min) and then spend 10-15 min on the demo, then close and allow 10-15min for QA.
    • What are some best practices to create engaging product demo content for a deminar? Don't do a pre-recorded, keep it live to allow attendees to stop and ask q's if needed.

Rebecca Quinn
    Corporate Events Manager
    Transplace Texas, LP