Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Adding GTM tag via snippets on all website pages

Posted 05-18-2018 09:42
    Hello,
    I am trying to work out how to efficiently add my GTM tag on all website pages. I have create a code snippet with my GTM tag and it works fine if I add it manually on every page of my cvent site. However, it is not really efficient. Is there a way to add the snippet in one place to be used across all my web pages?

Thank you,
    Mihai

• 2.  RE: Adding GTM tag via snippets on all website pages

Posted 05-18-2018 14:07

Hey Mihai,

You can use the following alternative:
    Add it under: Website & Registration > Event Website > Layout > Click on Header > Display custom links: Yes > Add it in the "Text/Alt Text field" under Link 1 > Save.

This process is called attaching the tag to the Header image.
    Since the Header image is rendered on each website page by default, therefore, the attached tag would be rendered on each page as well.

See screenshot below:

Please let me know if anything comes up and I would be glad to assist!

Regards
    Ankita Gupta

• 3.  RE: Adding GTM tag via snippets on all website pages

Posted 01-29-2020 15:41
    Hi Ankita, I am trying to add the GTM code tot he events pages, however the only section that I can see that would allow me to add any code is via Code Snippet. 
    I am not able to locate the  Layout > Click on Header > Display custom links: Yes > Add it in the "Text/Alt Text field" under Link 1 section in the latest Cvent editor. Any help appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Bharat

------------------------------
    Bharat Godha
    Pacific Investment Management Company LLC
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: Adding GTM tag via snippets on all website pages

Posted 05-22-2018 10:18
    Hi Ankita,
    Thanks for your suggestion. I will try this and let you know how it goes.
    Mihai

• 5.  RE: Adding GTM tag via snippets on all website pages

Posted 06-14-2018 05:38
    Hi Ankita,
    I have installed GTM with this method and while it seems to be tracking fine, Google Tag Assistant is flagging some errors:

Is there a different workaround to avoid these errors? Or it should not such a big concern?
    Thank you,
    Mihai