Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Custom registration URL - registration paths linked to registration categories

Posted 7 days ago

Hello, 

I'm creating a registration process for an event with multiple registration paths (e.g. Speakers/Attendees, etc). Each registration path is slightly different (for example, Speakers need to upload bio/photo) defines the registration category that is assigned to the person at the end. Since the event is invite-only, I would like to share those links by email from Cvent, and only people in my invitation lists to be able to register. However, if I use the Weblinks function, the link can be shared and is publicly available. And if I use the {[E-RSVP YES LINK]} tag, it only links to one default registration website. Can I have different custom tags leading to different websites, but still pre-populating fields from invitation lists and limiting the registration to only those I invited. 

Thanks!

#Registration

------------------------------
    Natalia

• 2.  RE: Custom registration URL - registration paths linked to registration categories

Posted 7 hours ago

Hi Natalia,

You can still use the weblinks feature and have your event set up to be invitation only. Within your registration paths, you'll want to set up the settings as seen in the screenshot below so that only those on invitation lists are able to register for the event and they are able to register via email and through the event website. 

This means that anyone who is not uploaded to one of your invitation lists will not be able to register for the event and you can still create registration type or path specific weblinks and send those out to attendees via email so that they are directed to the correct registration path when they click on the link. 

Julia Plymack
    Senior Customer Success Manager
    Cvent